Hi! We’re Alex and Fox, and we started this blog because we love traveling and hitting the most representative spots that a given location has to offer. Whether they’re popular with tourists, locals, or a mix of both, we want to know what points of interest are must-visits.
Since we come from a marketing, design and storytelling background, we find that a combination of talking to local people and looking at big data insights (like social media and search data) have gotten us great results in curating our ideal travel experiences.
Our goals for this project
- Connect travelers with points of interest
- Get the inside scoop from the locals
- Use big data insights to reveal the most essential locations
- Help readers find the best locations to turn into experiences
- Help readers curate ideal travel experiences
- Amplify local voices
We live in Kingston, NY, and run a creative agency called Kingston Creative, which offers branding, marketing and web design & development. We got the idea for this site because we have done a popular series of Most-Instagrammed Posts for our region, like the Hudson Valley, Catskills, Poughkeepsie, Albany, and more, but wanted to have a way of doing them for far-away places too.